Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed down to the freeway this morning in my new F-250 for fuel and had to accelerate slightly to get ahead of the oncoming traffic. Didn't gun it or do anything drastic, just a nice smooth acceleration. Then I happened to look down to see that I was doing 80 mph and still accelerating. Didn't feel like more than 60 or so. Oops, this is a 55 mph zone. These trucks can move! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Wait till you do the same thing with the trailer& Murphy , those turbo diesels love to run . Had the same problem with my Dodge !

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Be careful, a friend of mine just got nailed for 103 in a 60 while "testing out" his 5.0/T5 transplant into a 89 Ranger. Good thing he didin't get it in tho 5th gear, I'd be bailing him our of jail right now!

G

·
0 Posts
Funny thing about those new cars, just cant tell how fast you are really going. My recent speeding ticket was for doing 71 in a 55 (very clever speed trap in Dogpatch, Ohio). Problem was, I didn't even feel it in my rental Chevy Blazer. SWMBO had the same car up to 90 on the turnpike the day before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts