Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in danger of the wild fires that are currently raging? I can't imagine seeing a fire that size heading toward my home, and very little that can be done to stop it.
I have never experienced anything like that (we only have hurricanes on the east coast). Hope everyone and their property is safe.

Ed

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I do maintenance on our fleet of bombers in Saskatchewan and so far this is the quietest season in my 14 years. Some of our machines have been to Alberta and the Yukon this summer.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
nothing really close, but I've seen smoke clouds from 3 seperate fires raging in my area and saw another small black patch near the freeway ( 10 acreas or so, 30 minutes away) from something recent.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Fortunately, so far these fires have not caused too much destruction. They have had to evacuate quite a lot of people but there have been no deaths and not too many dwellings lost. Now last years, those were ferocious. It is quite an ugly scene when you are driving home and you look up at the mountains and just see a whole ridgeline on fire. My hats-off to the firefighters who have to endure some tiring hours and difficult conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts