Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled today, and i must say i have never felt so terrible in my life. My entire face is numb, i cant eat anything or do anything and i cant go work on my car! Anyone else had their teeth pulled? Is it supposed to hurt this bad? And is there anyway i can get back at the dentist for doing this to me ::?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well I never have had to , in fact the dentist told me my Mouth was big enough for mine to stay forever . I'm not sure what he meant by that ? ::

·
Registered
616 Posts
Heck I was fine when I had mine pulled went out and played volly ball and drank I was in college, so it was the only way to go..

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
I believe everyone has them pulled at age 18.You will be up and going in a couple of days.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
When I had mine done they had to cut the 2 lower ones in half to remove them because they were stuck in my lower jaw-bone . When the dope wore off my head felt like someone was smashing me in the side of the head (on both sides) . I called the dentist and they told me to take my pain pills . I said I had taken my dose and they said take more until the pains stops ... you are a big guy so it may take more . I popped a couple more and it started to feel better and about 3 minutes later I was KO'd :)
I didnt mind , sleep was good :)
Just don;t try that at home :p

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Mine are gone. Never caused me any pain. The only problem was the holes left after sergery collected food, but they filled in in time.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I believe everyone has them pulled at age 18.You will be up and going in a couple of days.
I wouldnt say that :)
Im 30 and I have 1 tooth left . My upper left tooth never came in until 4 months ago it started growing through . It did not have enough room to come in and like my lowers it was impacted in my skull . The lowers poked through the gum so they had to be removed . The upper never came through until now , it's barely popped through the gum .... just enough to allow me more surgery to remove it before it rots out .

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had all 4 pulled at once and didn't have much problems. But I took a pain pill at the drug store and more during the next 24 hrs. Like Dudley Moore did in the movie 10. Seriously, take the pain pills as perscribed. If the pain gets away from you it takes a much higher dose to get it back under control. If the dentist didn't perscribe a pain pill demand one.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
You will up and around in no time, what ever you do, DO NOT get dry socket. BAD, VERY BAD

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Sounds like yours were impacted. Those of us who had "non-impacted" teeth pulled were up and about that evening (unless we were nauseus from the gas).

Impacted? Go to bed, Dude. You'll be ok in the morning.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I had two removed from the same spot - twelve years apart! Upper drivers side! Apparently it was a "Gemini" tooth. One came through and impacted - got yanked in a "right now" session, 12 years later it's brother does the same thing. Had a little more time to plan second time around. Got the valium drip. Daddy was doing great! Couldn't walk worth a damn, but I was feelin' good!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have had two pulled to date. Only thing I remember before they gave me the I.V with the mind juice is the dentist climbing up on the chair with these god awful looking tools to pull the teeth. When I was done they sent me on my way with my wife and we went out for pizza.They never did get real sore. It must of been the good stuff they gave me. ::

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had the option of being put out or stay awake, I went down. I had mine out at 26 or 27, all 4 at once. Mine healed over in about a month. I played softball the next day, but stayed on the pain meds. If it started to tweak me at all I'd pop another pill. I still collect food in the holes left by the scar tissue and vacancy! One positive though, my sinuses got a lot better from having the uppers gone.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
glad to see everyone else had a great experience with them being pulled. i chose not to be sedated (big mistake). i did have nitrous oxide but the nurse put the mask on wrong and all the nitrous was going into the air and not in my lungs (duh!). mine were impacted so it was rough, but the rough part is that Novacaine (think that is how it is spelled) doesn't work on me very well. he gave me 4 shots around each tooth and he started drilling. a yelp of pain and he stopped and gave me four more around each tooth, total of 8. still no dice. i think the bar along sides of the dentist chair was bent after i left cause that was all i had to hang on to. had the same problem with novacaine when i had to get stitches on my head. guess i am weird!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea im on pain meds at the moment, its been 2 hours and they havnt helped much. Oh well. They gave me the laughing gas and something to knock me out, but man oh man...i know why the call it laughing gas. I was grinning like a complete moron for no reason while the dentist was getting ready ::

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had all four of mine pulled a couple of years ago...they give you lots and lots of drugs...really, really good drugs...I didn't feel for 3 days, but they were 3 really good days...LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have heard that getting them out can go both ways. I got mine out about 4 years ago, and believe it or not I went on a date the same night. Haha! Even got a nice goodbye kiss. BUT I felt like crap all day...so it took about 6 hours for me to feel better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts