Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I change my preferences so that when I click on a forum it sorts the posts based on recent activity of a certain post? I mean I have to search through pages of posts to keep up with a discussion on a particular post. When a reply is made to ANY post (no matter what age) it should be bumped up to the top, right?

Am I the only one who is bothered by this? Any way to fix it?

Thanks,
Troy

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
There is no way of fixing that. The forum experienced "Pop to the Top" for a few hours until people started to complain about the change. There are good points on both sides of the argument, but if you want to read what has been said just do a search on pop to the top.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Ahhhh, the old "pop-to-the-top" question. Sorry, this forum doesn't provide that option. There is a sizeable segment of the community that has been lobbying for it and an equally opposed segment. So far, they're winning.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I guess another good way to handle that, would be to bookmark the threads that you are interested in. Saves you the effort of looking thru pages of new posts... .

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
to 1995 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I actually would like to see this revert to a newsgroup, would be nice to get rid of all these fancy pictures too!

Yeah, do the search thing on "pop to top" and you'll see I did what I could. Whatever, it's a vintage forum, err I mean vintage mustang forum. Seems the "moving posts" confused some of our right lane drivers /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
before i found this forum, i had always been used to the pop to the top method, which lends its self to crap being at the top and peoples actual questions falling to the bottom, which is fine for O/T forums, but this is not one of thoes.

it took a couple days to get used to, but i think it is much nicer in that everyones question/comment gets fair time at the top, and usualy gets answered. also, there is no "ttt" or "bump" posts in threads, which is nice.

just my $.20 ($.02 used to be good, but now i have to compinsate for inflation, which boosts the price of my oppion above that of everyone elses... or something like that)

- Jason

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would suggest that we all be grateful for the forum and all the work that goes into keeping it alive.

Bob

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Ken is right on about the "Favorite" feature. I use it all the time and it's very handy. If you want to track a certain post, mark it favorite. It then wil be stored on your "My Home" page. It shows whether or not there are any new posts to the thread since you last looked.

Give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts