Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know this is a Mustang forum, but I don't get much access to my computer anymore as many of you may know. And I have no clue where to look for help for my 94 Intrepid. The problem is that it randomly dies going down the road, and has a lot of trouble starting back up. I have no clue where to look first on these new cars, it's a lot easier with my mustang :). Well, if anyone can help, or knows where to go for help, please let me know. Sorry again for the off topic post, especially on a Dodge.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I don't have an idea on this problem but i often attend a really good Chrysler site.....allpar.com.
When i had problems with my Caravan i found lots of ideas there.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Well without any more details, the FUEL PUMP comes to mind...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
L20068 is probably right....fuel injection pumps live hard lives and the factory frequently makes them cheaply.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I sell a lot of them! And it sounds a WHOLE lot like a fuel pump to me.

It's about the only thing I can think of it that can cause a STALL and a hard start problem. You might want to have your charging system checked as well.

If one of your battery cables is faulty or has faulty wiring, it's possible that it is causing feedback to the starter and thus the ignition switch, which causes the stall. Then the hard starting could also be a result of the cable... too muh resistance, perhaps.

My first instinct definitely is the pump, though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My first and final thought is fuel pump as well. I think Anthony nailed it, but in case you don't trust us go get a fuel pressure test gauge, then check a Chiltons or similar manual out from your local public library and test the fuel pressure. I bet it's about half or less of what it should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts