Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are gun lovers and collectors hear on the forum so please dont flame me, im desperate for an answer soon. I bought a larger capactity clip for my SKS. Its a ten rounder. Dose anyone know how the factory clip comes out? Theres a big screw right in the side on the gun body that apears to hold it in there. Take this out? I have two pics I can send to show what I am talking about if needed,
Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Send the pics to [email protected]

I have a chinese SKS, which we also changed out the factory mags(pre-ban) to 30 round magazines

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I will send them next. The problem for me is the screw head is about to strip because somebody that had the gun before me must have had some problem with the screw coming loose so they center punched the other side to lock it.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You need to remove the trigger assembly first, and then the magazine will slide out to the rear.

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/AF/89/11590831-af1a-024001B0-.jpg

Send me your address, via PM, and I'd be happy to send you a copy of my copy of the SKS manual.

HTH,

Rick

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
First off the the soviet or romanian models are the ones you want. I have a 30 rd clip, the striper clips worked better. Buy a ar15 or ar10 now those are good guns, buy the armalite ones there better than colts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts