Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reminded of how much Clevelands strike fear into the hearts of so many wankers who race lameball chevys......

I happened across a web page for some local race club that stated their stocker rules.....among the many rules, is a section that flatly outlaws dodge 340's and Clevelands.

Made me flash back to reading about NASCAR's gay fear of dominance of the Cleveland......never mind the fact they've bent over backwards to make crappy, I mean chevy, happy and let them do whatever was necessary to be unbeatable as the rules have stood.

I've got money on Clevelands being able to WASTE chevy's even now.

I always hated those inbred, banjo playing with their feet, almost always turning the same direction rednecks called NASCAR and their "sport"

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I would LOVE to see that web page. I would also love to heckle the officials who wrote it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
It's ok to race a 427 side-oiler but not a 351C?????
Or a 440 6-pack or 426 hemi shoe horned into a Cuda but not a 340?????

I'm not slamming the big "C".....those heads can breathe.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Over the last 40 yrs and particularly the last 20, I have come to believe that there is a GM favoritism/influence/bias in a great many racing sanctioning organizations. I think the last 20 years bias has come in the form of pressure from the competitors (money invested in current equipment) and manufacturers. For example, the current ASA rules where only GM engines can be used even if the car body is a Ford or Chrysler. Does a Ford or Chrysler fan want to root for a fake car? Over the years, it seems sanctioning bodies have a tendency to allow GM to dominate a series for years; however, if a Ford or Chrysler (by chance or hard work) should begin to win regularly, a rule adjustment is quickly made. This subject is ripe for a good book analyzing the history of this side of motorsports.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Heh.... Don't hold back.

(IMO) NASCAR will give the fans what they want to see.... The majority of the fans are GM, if Ford or Mopar start winning regularly, the attendance will drop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "Chevy hater", I just prefer Fords.

(How do you think "3" was able to keep his "intimidator" status? If he was black flagged as he should have been when he put someone in the wall, the "3" fans may not come back.)

I call it Professional Wrestling of auto racing.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Well GM is the largest US auto manufacturer so they would have
a large say in what the rules are.....and are not.....

THe Chevy guys had a cow when the officials allowed ford to drop a small amount of height on their tail spoilers.....to make the races even.....

This kind of hissy fit crap has been going on since the days of the BOSS 302 and tunnel port 427's

It all boils down to cubic inches...and compression ratio.....
in the battle of the big blocks.....the ford an chevy having 10:1 comp ratios.....same sized cams...the ford beat the 454 by 30 ponies.....(using a Ford 460) 6 cubic inches.....
this is all the bowtie boys would whine about.....

let em whine.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts