Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received some very bad and unexpected financial news today. Guess what that means? I waited 25 years before I was able to buy my fastback and now I'm going to have to sell it. To top it off the car has been in the paint shop for 3 months and is due to be finished in a week. I am seriously depressed.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm sure you've looked at all avenues so we won't go into that.
We all hope it gets better in the future and you can one day get back a Mustang of your choice.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Take a deep breath, let things settle down, you've waited 25 years for something like that, at least consider your options, the car may not have to go. (man that sucks to even have to consider that)

My 2 cents.
:p

·
Registered
524 Posts
Make the Mustang the last option or you will be depressed for a long time. If your car is free and clear use it to secure a loan if possible. If I didn't have debts my mustang would have been finished along time ago. Even my ex don't know I have it. Cheer up

Ductman

·
Registered
437 Posts
Maybe you could sell it to someone on the forum who could sell it back to you after you get your situation straitened out? Just a thought.

travis

·
Registered
244 Posts
Back off a little. Raise your income. Deliver pizza if you have to. Thats what I did. Made about $1000.00 extra a month, and lost about 40 pounds to boot. It is amazing what happens when you get up off the couch and attack something. I don't know how much you need, but "YOU CAN DO IT"

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hope things turn around for you!!
Like others have said, check all other avenues first or you'll regret it. Last Labor Day I sold our '73 Mach 1 that I had poured my time, money and heart into for almost 4 years (and had it just the way I wanted) because of a financial "hiccup" that needed immediate attention. Not a day (or more correctly a weekend) goes by that I wish I had that car back and regret selling it (and especially during show season and nice cruising weather). It took me 23 years to get the car I always wanted & now it's gone. The only saving grace is I still have my '71 fastback that I have been slowly working on for 6 years, but that doesn't replace the completed show quality Mach 1 I sold.
Just my regrettable $.02

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Unless you can make a good part of your money back or profit from selling it don't do it - you'd just be throwing money away for someone else's benefit. Now is not the time to throw money away. Good luck in any case!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts