Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a meeting to go to in Spokane today and not even 3 miles from the place I get rear-ended. First I get rear-ended in my Mustang 2-1/2 weeks ago, and now my 01 Town & Country minivan. I think that the guy must've been looking at this crack-ho standing on the corner and didn't realize that all of the traffic in front of him stopped. His car ended up underneath my van and pretty much totalled his Sentra. My back wheels weren't even on the ground! I guess it's good that I have front wheel drive so I could drive off of him. I figured that the van was totally driveable, but after about 170 miles towards home, I realized that my rear lights weren't working properly. I'm almost afraid to drive my other car... At least everyone seems ok. I've got a little stiffness in my neck and back, but we'll see what the doc says tomorrow.

So here's a question for Scott --

When dealers take in trades, would it be common to pull up a carfax on them to make sure that they haven't been in an accident? And if so, how does that affect the trade-in value? % deductions?

Danny

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Jesus, Danny glad you're OK!

Hope he's got insurance so you can get your rig fixed

Better stay low for a while......... Bad things usually happen in 3's :p ;)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Maybe you need to drive a little faster! ::

Seriously, glad your ok.... watch out though Strokie has a point... :: :: ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Glad you're not seriously hurt. Go out to the garage and drop a hammer on your foot...just get number three outta the way now. ;) ::

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, this fella has insurance, but the shop can't even get to it until about the 13th of September. So I've got this rental van for as long as it takes. It's not quite as nice, but at least it works. I sure am glad that I didn't have the family with me. If my kids were in the van when that guy hit me I probably would've been too angry to exchange insurance info.

I think the hammer idea is a good one. I'll wait to put the stang up on jacks until AFTER the 3rd bad thing happens to me. I don't want #3 to be the car falling on me!

Some good news, though. I got a raise at work! WOOHOO! More money for the car. Maybe some rear disc brakes or something...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts