Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyway... 2 weeks ago I gutted the interior of my car and installed almost all new interior components with the exception of the upholstry, headliner and dash pad.

Fun right? Well ever since I had the darn instrument cluster apart and put back together, none of the instrument guage lights worked at night with the headlights on. I didn't realize that until I started driving home from an outing - after it was dark out! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Anway, after having the stupid guage cluster on and off 3 times to try to figure out what I did wrong when installing it, I decided to pull out the fuse (that looked perfectly fine) and found that the dumb thing was blown. I checked it with a flashlight before and it looked fine! Man!!!

Moral of the story? Check the simple things first...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
It applies to more than just old cars... more likely than not, when something goes wrong, it's a simple thing. Kind of a nice thought, really.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yup, that's the KISS rule. Keep It Simple Stupid I just wish I would remember to follow it everytime.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Funny,
My dash lights went out coming back from Lombard Sat. Maybe I should check the fuse.....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Mine work but they sure are dim compared with what we have gotten used to in late-model vehicles... (sorry little rant)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts