Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Oil change while traveling in minnesota/Iowa

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  1965GTFB 
#1 ·
Going to be traveling in the '65. Will need an oil change by the time we hit North East Minnesota(McGregor) or Iowa(Newton). I plan to bring the oil and filter I use. Any recommendations on a place that I should trust to be the first other then me to touch the car?

#2 ·
Well, I am in Chaska, MN (just SW of Minneapolis) and you are certainly welcome to come by my place to do the oil change. When are coming through?

Reactions: 68Hildago
#3 ·
How far is your trip? Why don't you just change it before you leave?

#5 ·
6,000+ miles is the plan. I change it every 3K and will be changing it just before leaving.

#4 ·
Not sure what route you're taking, but if you'll be on 380N or 151N, you can swing in here to my place in Cedar Rapids. I'd be more than happy to take care of you and check the car out. As it happens, I've got my '66fb here today too :wink:

#6 ·
We do plan on at least hitting Newton as that is where my wife was born.
We like taking smaller roads(as long as they are at least 50mph+) in lieu of freeways especially if they are more scenic. So with that in mind, basically traveling to or from about 2 hrs north of Minneapolis to/from Iowa any great roads you would recommend? 65, 218. 63 or even the 76 or 35 along the river?

Thanks for the offer on a oil change stop. I'll let you know once we figure out our route.

#7 ·
Will be in the area between 6/27-6/30ish.

#9 ·
I will eventually, that's what I run in all 3 of our kids Mustangs(66, 67 & 68) we built. But mine is the original, un-rebuilt, 116K mile, doesn't use oil, 289 and my machinist recommended continuing to run the same conventional oil I have for 25+ years.

#10 ·
Looks like you might be heading through right while the MCA Northern Star National Mustang Show is going on in Bloomington MN

#11 ·
Knapper & GT350SR Sent you a PMs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.