Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you probably guessed by now i am going through the parts catalog getting ready to order a bunch of stuff for the engine. I got to Oil filters and it has at least 4 listed for 67. One of them says only correct if painted engine block color. Also listed is a decal to put on it. My question is if the oil filter was painted with the engine block why did they bother to add a sticker?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
sparky65 said:
........... My question is if the oil filter was painted with the engine block why did they bother to add a sticker?

They didn't. And for your year originally it wasn't a decal or sticker. The service oil filter had the logo and information painted on the outside of the filter (both sides unlike many of the reproductions).

So you need a reproduction with the double crimp end and AUTOLITE debossed on the end. Sand or remove the reproduction printing on the side, if its there, then paint it to match the engine

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know of a source that sells them without the printing on them? I could buy one of the others and sand it off but if they sell them without the printing i thought they may be cheaper.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
if you do a search - i think you can find this since i remember this coming up recently

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Don't recall anyone selling them without the printing though there were some or all of them were only printed on one side :(

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried a search but i dont think the search function likes three letter or less words. :shrug: I know in the past it wouldnt take them i dont know if that changed since the last upgrade but i got results with only the word filter. If you remember the post maybe you know of other keywords to try?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts