Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a small amout of oil droplets in my radiator after checking the level. I have not been losing coolant, nor boiling over; my crankcase oil level is just below the full mark(I last changed oil filter and added 1 qt. Amsoil this past Feb.); car runs just fine.
BTW, I'm not using a PCV system; just a K&N-type breather on each valve cover.
Any ideas other than cracked heads/block; head gasket? Uggghh!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If you have an automatic it may be tranny oil from the cooler which is located in the bottom of the radiator. Check your tranny fluid for water. It took around 300 miles to destory my c4 when this happened.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, running a 4-speed toploader.
Thanks for your input, appreciate the response.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is originally from Nevada, then bought over to the central coast by the PO. Engine was pro-built back in Feb 1997. Don't know for sure if timing cover was replaced or not. I'll have to check it out when I go thru it. Thanks for your input, braddah.
BTW, I grew up in Lahaina; did a career stint in the Navy, then retired after 26 years. Still working full time though; too many toys to pay for.
Shaka, brah!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Eh, Howzit, brah?

Dontcha just hate having to work to pay for your play time activities? It seems very unfair to me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

You know, da oyl is probly from dakine anywayz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts