Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all my current low oil pressure woes on my new rebuild, I thought it might be nice to have "real" gauges in the dash. All i'm looking for is gauges with numbers. How easy is it to refit them in a 66 dash console?

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
This does not answer your question, directly. However, may offer an alternative....
I placed mine under the hood, since I feel I can tell when things are going down....in a bad way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This does not answer your question, directly. However, may offer an alternative....
I placed mine under the hood, since I feel I can tell when things are going down....in a bad way.
I saw your photo on another thread. Nice setup, but I'd like something to watch inside the car that looks stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would like to see something that looks stock but give a better idea of temp and pressure too. Years ago I had a boat with an onboard 351w that had a siren that went off when it got hot. Something like this with a buzzer that went off before catastrophic failure would be nice in the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
With all my current low oil pressure woes on my new rebuild....
Is it that your pressure is actually low or just the gauge reading low? Did you check the pressure with a test gauge at the block?
If the pressure is actually OK you can calibrate the gauge.
Requires pulling the cluster but is actually pretty easy.
The OP gauge on my son's '67 was reading really low but tested the pressure at the block and calibrated the gauge which reads as it should now.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it that your pressure is actually low or just the gauge reading low? Did you check the pressure with a test gauge at the block?
If the pressure is actually OK you can calibrate the gauge.
Requires pulling the cluster but is actually pretty easy.
The OP gauge on my son's '67 was reading really low but tested the pressure at the block and calibrated the gauge which reads as it should now.
Something is wrong with my new engine. Hooked up a gauge where the sender is and was getting low reading throughout the break in process. Just thought I'd like numbers on my gauge and not "L" or "H"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts