Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm adding a Mechanical Oil pressure gauge to my stang today but I need the 3 or 4 inch Extention adapter that screws on to the block. I just have the idiot light now.
Where do I find these things? Can I get one at any local parts store or is it somthing I have to order.

I'm also adding one to the 460 in my lincoln, does that use the same adapter? It's only about 6:15 AM here so I can't call the auto parts store yet so I figured The VMF would Know. TIA

[color:green]Adam</font color=green>

Click Here to see my Website
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1590185&a=12106882&p=45943937&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by KeenBean on 04/08/01 07:51 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Got the adapter from the local Auto supply store when I did mine. Usually a brass fitting, take the line with you, they should be able to match it up to the right piece.

68 GT500
68 1/2 CJ Coupe

MCA# 18519

G

·
My adapter fitting was missing and there was a pipe plug in its place. I got very lucky and ran into a guy at a used parts store that had one in his garage he sold me for $5. I couldn't get a correct type at the new parts stores but you can order it from NPD. Original type is about $45 and a replacement type is about $15.

Chris

'67 Conv. 289 C-code Frost Turquise
'99 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4
'01 Ford Escape (wife's car)

G

·
Car parts store or plumbing supply store. Need a 1/4 in. pipe nipple about six inches long or so. Take your sender with you and match the threads. Piece of cake.

Mustang Lovers ---- A Box-O-Choclates !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts