Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An over-21 yearold friend of minen brought me some White Russian (about 24 ounces of it) to me tonight and I started to drink it.. What the hell is in this? It tastes like a mean mix of vodka, gin, whisky, and everyhting else strong. It's GREAT but WOW... It's pretty tough!

What exacltly am I drinking?

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Vodka
2 oz Cream

Directions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pour Kahlua and vodka over ice. Top with cream or milk. Stir.

Or you can blend it, which is the way I like it. I have not had one in a decade or so tho.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kahlua and vodka huh... it sure is awfully strong.

Thanks Kent. Was that another one of your internet search tricks? :p

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, this is blended and it is extremely good... I am not used to alcohol though and I am already getting buzzed, lol. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for a different drink, though... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Throw Coke on that, and you've got a Colorado Bulldog. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Aren't they great? Got hooked on those in college. It's a favorite of mine and Laurie's.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
When I made them in college, I used vanilla ice cream in place of cream. The gals loved 'em.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
If you want to go that direction (more towards the creamy), make a Brandy Alexander.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Speaking of White Russians, here's a bigger mystery: What's in a drink called a Siberian Sleigh Ride? Had one years ago in a joint in San Francisco, and no bartender since knows how to make one. What's funny is that most of them say they've HEARD of the drink, but aside from vodka the ingredients are an Unsolved Mystery.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The recipes of kahlua and cream are correct. I had never had these until I saw the movie "The Great Lebowski" and Jeff Bridges drank these nonstop through the movie. I tried one and, ummmmmm tasty. Now they are a welcome treat. In the movie he called them "caucasians."

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, it was totally off topic. I never, ever drive after drinking ANY alcohol, not even a sip of beer.

The same "over-21er" is delightfully contriuting to my delinquency tonight as well, bringing me some "Mudslide." Do you guys know what Im getting myself into now? LOL.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Siberian Sleighride

1 1/4 oz Vodka
3/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
1/2 oz White Creme de Menthe
3 oz Light Cream
Ice
Shake with ice and strain into a shifter. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yes they are strong, use to also have the Black Russian which was vodka and Tia When you get totally out of it on this you will find out where the Russian part comes in..lol
If you want to try something smooth that hits like a hammer.Put a bottle of vodka in the freezer overnight and try it straight up.Smooth as silk but kicks like a mule.
Don

1 - 19 of 19 Posts