Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't know the full details, what do you think of Arnie? Do you think he'll be affective or just hype?

Boy could we use a change of govinors in NJ!

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
To tell you the truth, I'm kinda jazzed by it. He cant screw it up any more than it is :: ::. This will turn out to be a interesting post :).

·
Registered
21,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully everyone will behave themselves and this post won't be pulled by the VMF police.

Keep it clean guys, please.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm voting for him because of the way he settles things:
http://www.geocities.com/jruizleon/arnold.jpg

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I always thought they'd be better off with Mr. T. A long time ago I read that he bought alot of land then had it paved so he could store his car collection. The environmentalists wreren't pleased with him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well it could be Larry Flit??? I think as long as Arnald dosen't try to pass the law that will make us all have to pass smog again I am happy!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Gun control is using two hands...correct? ::

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Arnie's no dummy and neither is his wife, he just talks funny!

California's a mess and Grey Davis appears to everyone as a weak pansy. Its just as well the recall is on...glad to see the guy who instigated it won't be a player. Takes the personal interest factor out of the equation. Good luck to you guys and gals who live there. I escaped some years ago...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well so far he is putting on a good show. He is also a businessman which is good. Someone that could handle money. Hey he makes millions with saying like "Like Hasta la vista baby", and "I'll be back". Why not we need an another celebrity over that is a republican to [censored] Barbara Streisan off!!!!

Personally I think Larry Flint would be a good governor but Arnold is probably gonna win and get the most done in Sacramento.

David

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Gun control is using two hands...correct? ::

Yes, yes, you got it. Control lots of control :: ::

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I realy don't care, davis is a retard that screwed up pretty badly.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
A recall election is true democracy at work and IMO will only serve to strengthen the country. In the most liberal of states it shows the core belief in a government by the people for the people is still the basis for our lives. In times when PC seems to overshadow facts, it is refreshing to see people haven't forgotten the corner stone of our system. We elect people to manage public affairs to ensure order, peace, and prosperity. At any time we feel those people aren't doing a job properly, with a minority opinion we can put them to the test to see of the majority still believes them to be competent.

The nay Sayers will undoubtedly argue that this is a slippery path and politicians will become paralyzed into inactivity with threats of recall elections when ever someone doesn’t agree with something they have done. What we need to keep in mind however is that although a minority opinion can force a recall election, it still required thousands and thousands of signatures and a huge investment in time to get this process to where it is now. Recall elections will never become a commonplace thing simple because of the tremendous logistics involved in them. It will however, 200+ years into the great experiment, finally define the point at which failure in performance will stir enough to people to action to affect change.

·
4,129 Posts
Way cool dude! :: We do not need another politician in the governers office. They mentioned something on the news yesterday about the other political party not worrying about Ronny when he ran for governor, "he is an actor and will never amount to any threat to us". :: Ever since the announcement on Jays show I have been trying to remember what movie or TV show I saw that mentioned Arnie as the President. Some kind of science fiction show in the future. The line was something like "Ya we amended the constitution just so Arnold could be President" I too am also hoping that we (and I) have not gone over the line on the rules of political discussion in this thread (post). fd

BTW would I vote for him, well yesss! ::

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
He will get MY vote. I'm sick of politicians, particularly the NIT WITS out here in California. It will be refreshing to have a NON politician in office that has other interests in mind besides his own personal agenda.

I think the recall is a great thing. Maybe it will FINALLY go to show the rest of the politicians that we've had enough, and that we are not going to idly sit by while they rob us blind.

·
Registered
858 Posts
ok look...1st off...i think it would be a big mistake...but then again look around who else has been govenor in different states....
jessy the body ventura -wrestler
regan - actor
clint eastwood - mayor
there's a few others..but i forget....but the thing is...i dont think AHH-NOLD doesnt have any political back ground or expierence....so i wouldnt vote for him...but i WANT a strong comman sensed REPUBLICAN gov....preferably...someone like rush limbaugh or my favorite....michael savage! ::
MICHAELSAVAGE.COM
Borders
Language
Culture
::

K

·
0 Posts
OKay pull it over!!!
VMF Police :: here. Now you know the rules guys. Posts about sex, drugs, rock'n roll and Martha Stewart are frowned upon around here. It just brings out the nastiness in some and then we have a riot on our hands.

And the rumor is that Arn would repeal the 300% increase in car license fees.
Dang it. Now I have to write myself a ticket. ::

1 - 20 of 36 Posts