Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Edmonds High School (which I'm to understand has now been merged with Woodway? Blashpemy) with a couple hardcore Ford guys. The older brother was Mike Latin and his younger brother Mark (in my class). Mike built the engine in my fastback and they are (were) both Ford gurus to the nth degree. I've since lost touch with them but would love to know how they're doing - I can't imagine that they still wouldn't be into Fords bigtime. Only clues I have are that Mike had his own shop for awhile in Everett, I think. And, he and Mark found a Shelby for a song about 10 years ago that they were putting back together (so it's probably already been done and sold)...

Like I said, it's a longshot and I've thrown it out to the group before as a whole. But my hope here is that with a specific PNW group, someone might know something...

Thanks in advance! (I promise I'll leave you guys alone now, really!)

-bob

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Theres a guy in Marysville that has a shop called "Mikes Mustang" ....does S/C installs AOD's etc... Don't know if theres any connection? Maybe some of the others can confirm or not?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a number? I can call and see if it's his shop - Marysville is certainly one of our old stomping grounds - he had family and a lot of contacts that direction... we used to go up there all the time for parts and to borrow tools, heh

-bob

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Didn't some VMFers buy Mike's Mustang sometime last year?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Mike's Mustang & Performance Ford
7302 44 Ave NE
MARYSVILLE WA 98270
(360) 653-4786

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm... machine answers says they're closed to the public due to pending work in the shop - the voice on the message sure didn't sound like Mike that I know... guess I'll have to try again later and see if I can get someone...

-bob

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
No the VMF'rs bought Wild West Classic Mustang Ranch.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Yeah I know, but there's SOME connection between VMF and Mike's. Maybe someone works there, or perhaps it was one of the guys who bought WWMR used to work there. Brain's fuzzy before morning coffee. Anyway....

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
You sure that the last name is spelled right?

I did find a Mike Lattin located in Snohomish.
Lattin Mike SNOHOMISH WA 98290 (360) 568-8247

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I think they have a fairly decent sized shop...(not a hole in the wall).I've talked to a guy by the name of Tim before....so it could even be his voice on the machine...

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
There's also a Mark Lattin with the tt spelling with an unlisted number in Shoreline which would make a ton of sense for somebody from Edmonds High to live in Shoreline.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unless it's a typo in the listing, their last name is Latin (one T)...

-bob

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been wrong before - now you're gonna make me go check my old yearbook! It *could* be... would make sense if he were out in Snohomish... I don't know if I have the guts to call and ask though, hehe... I'll check the yearbook first, assuming of course that I can find it...

-bob

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
There's a Mike "Samron" Lattin (TT) that went to Edmonds in 1984. (Courtesy Classmates.com) Right time frame?

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I found on a forum somewhere in my searches here that Tim works the phone, but Mike owns it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts