Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well get a owners picture thread on the FOXES...
Don't be shy...project or finished....let's see 'em...

Mine is a project(like everything else I own)...
The notch is the build, a low mile original....the hatchback has the donor drivetrain...

Attachments

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,359 Posts
I thought we already had one of these threads. Apparently we do not. So...
Wife calls this Powderpuff. Not least because if you touched it you'd come back with white on your hand. Currently looking much worse in about 3/4 primer and no trim. It has gained a GT front bumper and 16" Pony wheels since this picture. Originally a 2.3 5 speed car it now has a 1985 GT 5.0 engine and an AOD. We've been kicking around putting a five speed back in it.

Reactions: 69bosssvt

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No wonder there was no fox body forum....Gypsy, guess you and I are the only ones that have 'em! Lol!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,359 Posts
It's not a high traffic area, more will trickle in. Well, we hope.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Well since the thread is slow i will post up pics of mine, sold it a few years ago though. All stock except 1" lowering springs and 17" Pony "R" 's. Had 80,000 miles on it when i sold it, one owner before me. Wish I hadn't sold it though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
92 Fox

Here’s my 92 that I bought new. It pictures ok on the passenger side but the drivers side has some body damage to the door and fender which I have obtained original replacements for. I need garage space before I can fix it, meaning the 69 has to get completed or at least painted. Odd to me, my son drives the white 08 on occasion but his favorite car is the 92. So it’s basically his. I claim the 69 and a 68 coupe that I’ve owned and restored since my high school days.
Wanted to add, the 92 is stock except 3.55 gears. Back in the 90’s I raced it at the strip nearly every weekend, wasn’t fast but never ever broke or broke down. Ran consistent 13.90’s with occasional 13.80’s. My son is 17 and it’s on his list of priorities to get it restored and modded.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 86 GT. Originally black but I repainted it ultra blue pearl. Has a mild 5.0 with iron GT40 heads, Edelbrock Performer EFI intake, and TFS1 camshaft. I also added MM subframe connectors, 87-93 front brakes with Hawk pads, and 3.73 gears. It's a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Ancient history....my long gone 85 GT. 5.0/5speed Loved those T-Tops....curvy country roads, tops out, cold night with leather jacket, heater blasting and stereo blasting Radar Love...sigh

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 86 GT. Originally black but I repainted it ultra blue pearl. Has a mild 5.0 with iron GT40 heads, Edelbrock Performer EFI intake, and TFS1 camshaft. I also added MM subframe connectors, 87-93 front brakes with Hawk pads, and 3.73 gears. It's a fun car to drive.

Nice car...mine is almost prepped to paint should be painted by the end of the month...Kona Blue is what I chose...originally a light blue...

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
13,000 miles. original owner

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
My wifes 88 vert. Sold it 6 yrs ago when she bought her 67 Fastback. Original 20k mile car. Perfect. Sold it to a guy in Detroit who sold it to a buddy in New Jersey who promptly totaled it. Found pics of it in a junkyard. Sad.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is my 88 fox. First mustang I bought in 1992 right after graduation. Can’t count how many times I’ve heard people say, “Man I wish I had my first mustang.” So I never got rid of it.
Built 331 Sportsman block, D1SC Procharger @ 16psi
Just over 600 at the wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not much activity here in the fox hole, but here is a shot of my 79 that I got at age 16 when the car was only 6 year old used car. Still have it, but needs some TLC to be roadworthy.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ancient history....my long gone 85 GT. 5.0/5speed Loved those T-Tops....curvy country roads, tops out, cold night with leather jacket, heater blasting and stereo blasting Radar Love...sigh

Looks just like the 86 I bought new for the ex many years ago. I wonder how many tickets the song "Radar Love" have been responsible for?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
1990 7Up car. I've replaced the wheels since then with original turbines.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts