Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been looking around with not much luck.
Who makes a supercharger for a 429. NOT a Blower.
I want to keep it all under the hood ;)
Cantedvalve an I were throwing it around yesterday at the car show. Seeing all those 4.6 and 5.0's with super chargers got me thinking.
Can anyone find me a link or something.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finding one for a 429 thats not a blower is the trick.
No luck so far

·
Registered
322 Posts
That would make an awesome sleeper. Might even get in a magazine. Here's one post I found on another forum for 429/460 Truck enthusiasts.

"Try calling "Engine Systems, Inc." (770)491-0583
they carry Mooneyham blowers."

Kuhl Superchargers 429 2V:
http://www.kuhlsuperchargers.com/non%20navigation%20pages/kit%20429%202v.htm

It appears that Holley/Weiand make superchargers for marine applications large enough for the Ford 429/460 but I couldn't find any direct links. You may have to call. Ask about Mercury Mercruiser applications. The Tech Line number is 270-781-9741 or e-mail at [email protected]

Supercharger Online has a list of kits but nothing I could find that was direct fit. http://www.superchargeronline.com/superchargers.asp

I read that Don Hampton can make a custom supercharger application. www.hamptonblowers.com

That's the best information I could find given a limited amount of time. I would like to see it if you go through with this. :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Most supercharger manufacturers sell just the head unit for custom applications. You'll need to fabricate the braketry and ducting for EFI or a carb enclosure.

If you want low end torque, go for a twin screw. If you want high end horsepower go with a centrifugal.

I've been tossing around the idea of a roller 351W, Mustang style EFI with a Kenne Bell Blowzilla running on compressed natural gas. As soon as I win the lottery... ::

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've always used "blower" as just a slang term for any supercharger, whether centrifugal or roots-style... I don't know of any pre-existing 385 centrifugal setups, it would take some custom fabrication of the piping and bracketry. Blue Thunder and BDS both make a blower for a Roots blower, but then bye bye hood. If you want some more power easily, think about a nitrous kit, my 501 is getting a 150 shot from the kit I ran on the 351C.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
While I certainly am an advocate for blowers, your $ may be better spent on a new stroker motor. How about a set of custom made '532' emblems on the side of that car? My opinion, and given availability both ways, yank the current powerplant and drop in a stroker. Would probably be the least expensive way to turn the roller to 500 rwhp.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to keep the motor I have now.
I am thinking SC for the Jaw dropping power and I love the SC whine. I will have to do a lot of research on this one.
Having dialup at home is a major pain when surfing the web. It takes forever.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ATI makes the Procharger P600B or the P-1SC specifically for big block applications. Don't know about the bracketry for your engine. They say it supports horespower ranges 450 - 900.

Good luck and that would be one great ride if you could hook it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts