Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had asked Richard, the site Admin, why the banner had so few Mustang iterations shown, as in no 65/66s, etc. He said good question that he had no answer for. He asked if I could get a more representative picture. Anyone got something showing a broader range of Ponies that would work?

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,205 Posts
Anybody got a copy of the old banner? It was slightly kludged as Photoshops go but it was decent. Had Aslan and TFOB's car among the ones in the line IIRC. No real explanation was ever forthcoming as to exactly why they chucked it. We assumed that they basically couldn't be bothered to tweak it to fit.

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I think the message is CUBES!.....no big ones in those years!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t see the problem, just need 10 of you to drive to a nice spot, park in a line or semi-circle, snap a pic and submit it. If you want coupes and ragtops mixed in with the real Mustangs, that’s ok too, just scrunch up.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Since the average Adult male in the US is 5' 9" and social distancing is set at 6', and the average 1965 Mustang was 15', shouldn't the cars be 16' apart for a photo?

·
Dimples
5,564 Posts
Love this idea. The image that’s up now has never felt right.

A 65-66 coupe would be far more representative of the users here and the hobby in general.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,205 Posts
I don't know, I don't see any aqua hard tops in these old pics so they don't look very inclusive to me.
I'm not worried about inclusive myself. But check out that custom red logo we used to have! Versus "Just grab whatever font out of the box." Almost forgot about that it's been so long.

You can forget the rotating Mustangs banner thing. Won't happen. But if we got some member cars up that'd be nice. We went through this before about whose car would be up there. If I have any say about it I would put that solely in the hands of Mr. PatrickStapler. Patrick has struggled with trying to get folks here to contribute to the "Mustang of the Month" section for over a year. And yes, I said "struggled". In my opinion the only cars that qualify would be those owned by those that have already helped Patrick feature theirs in the monthly section. And that Patrick could choose whichever the heck cars he wanted. He's gone over and above anything asked of him in that section and I believe deserves a little credit.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You all, including Patrick are welcome to browse my photo library for pictures of my car. :) As for the banner, it's hard to get so many members' cars in one location for a nice shot. Maybe that group in Texas can pull it off? I can get a shot of various years and models, and none of them will be from the forum. I'll even leave mine out. :)

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe Rick could line up some of his, surely out of 200 cars he has a few other Mustangs besides that "same old Boss"....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts