Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, okay, Nick and everyone else convinced us that there needs to be a rocker stripe. I do like it with "TROUBLE" in it. Now can someone (dodgestang?) take that design and raise it up so that the top of middle stripe is just below the door? We're afraid that if we have it at the bottom of the car, the stripe will disappear too much due to the curve. I took that side picture kneeling next to the car, so that's not going to be the usual view of the car.

There is a sign place a block from my office and they did some lettering on Chuck's trailer a couple of years ago. They do very nice work so I'm going to talk to them about making the stripes and installing them. We're also thinking about a gold pinstripe just below the top of the fender like on Chuck's GT/CS (dealer option). I'm not totally convinced about that, however.

Thanks to everyone for their input and patience with me on this. ::

K

·
0 Posts
Vote NO on the pinstripe.

You already have two wide center stripes and now a rocker panel stripe....don't get crazy with more... :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
You made a good choice, my Dear. The car needed something on the side to jazz it up a bit. With chrome bumpers and windshield trim, it's gonna be dynamite!

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I think the pinstripe looks great on a coupe but wouldn't be as nice on a fastback.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Personally, I think dodgestang's latest version may be a bit too high. I would fear that it's too close to the side scoop and throws it out of balance.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it does look better lower, too. Probably what we'll do is play with the positioning until we get the best effect.

K

·
0 Posts
Laurie, I just got back from the Monterey Historics and a couple from Canada there had a '68 FB with gullwing doors and a front tilt hydraulic hood. The door window frame was a little funky but the car as a whole was great looking. Very tastefully done. Thought of Trouble, I did.
Got pics if you'd like them?

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure, I'd like to see them, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Hi Laurie,
I agree with others (and now you) that Trouble needs the stripe, but when I read the headline for the thread, I had to LOL because I assumed that based on recent information that has come to light regarding DT, that perhaps Trouble was going to shake his moniker for something more fitting to his ressurected status, leaving the Trouble title available for Nick :)

IE (Double Trouble) :)

take care
jer

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
On a 67 Shelby the bottom of the rocker stripe is about 1/8" above the bottom edge of the door. I think that would be about right for Trouble.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
That looks good ! ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Nick, can I see one more version when you have a chance? I was wondering how it would look if the stripe were like a 69 Shelby version where it is centered across the scoop. I had a couple of people suggest that to me so I might as well consider all the options. Thanks, you've been a big help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts