Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with VA Mustang about some quarter trim upholstry I ordered: 68 coupe with deluxe interior. This upholstery is NOT the same style as what is on the vehicle now. It seems that deluxe coupe mustangs had the rear armrest/ashtray quarter trim and standard mustangs had just the regular painted quarter trim w/o armrest/ashstray. I have the regular quarter trim, however it is/was upholstered. Can anyone verify what the quarter trim in a 68 deluxe coupe is supposed to be? (Car was originally ordered deluxe)

And if I am to have the rear armrest/ashtray, how much can I expect to pay when/if I ever do find any?

Thanks in Advance,
Brian and Holly Rene Clark

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Sounds like the deluxe out of a droptop...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is what I asked VA Mustang.. I said I believe you sent me the convertible quarter trim upholestry, and not the coupe. He stated that deluxe coupes came with the SAME quarter trim as the convertibles.

Who is right? Who is wrong? Painted? Upholestered? Armrests? No Armrests?

Thanks,
HRC

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I also have a 68 coupe with upholstered rear quarters. No armrests or ashtrays, just a vinyl covering that appears to be the same material as the seats. Being 32 years old the covering is rather worn. I bought a repro set in black many years ago, forgot where from, and it seemed to match what was on the quarters. Also has chrome caps on the ends where the quarter trim meets the door opening windlace.

[color:blue]68 GT500</font color=blue>
[color:green]68 1/2 CJ Coupe</font color=green>

MCA# 18519

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never seen a 1968 Mustang coupe with deluxe interior that had armrests or cigarette ashtrays

My suggestion is to ask the MCA Gold Judge in this forum the question... He at the keast, can look it up in the concours handbook.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I must agree with those others in saying the deluxe coupe interior rear quarters are upholstered, but without arm rests. Arm rests are a rare item (they were actually just the rear arm rests from a Fairlane wagon), but even when the coupes had armrests the upholstry was the same as those deluxe cars with out the rests. The Parts man is a DOLT! coupes and convertibles don't share ANY piece of upholstry behind the front seats.... in fact the only thing they share are the front seats and door panels (and dash pad if you consider that upholstry).

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Laurie_s is a mca judge, ask her:)

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts