boy, times have changed!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
can't.......get......jingle.....out....of.....my....head!!!!!! ::

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It just gave me that warm 29 cents a gallon feeling. :)

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Mustang Mustang 68!

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/carcom/starcars/400/68_Bullitt2.jpg

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I find it amazing, the amount of wasted time that is present in that ad.. Alot of film used on people and not the car.. Time must have been cheap. Notice how many fastbacks there were?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I find it amazing, the amount of wasted time that is present in that ad.. Alot of film used on people and not the car.. Time must have been cheap. Notice how many fastbacks there were?
The old marketing adage says you "Sell the sizzle, not the steak." The ad focused on the idea that owning a Mustang will inject youthful energy into your life. Everybody knew what a Mustang looked like. They just needed to be persuaded that they needed one!

- Gord

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
ahhhh, I understand! BUT still, look at how long the camera wastes with the driver smoking his cigarette while waiting for his boss. And the girl walking to the convertible before getting in and changing her hair... Still seems a waste of ad time.

·
Registered
328 Posts
M U S T S H O O T M Y S E L F ... HOW ANOYING WAS THAT...WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD DIE IF THAT AIRED DURRING THE SUPERBOWL COMMERCIALS...

K

·
0 Posts
You're making fun of Laurie's dad wanting to drive her coupe....did ya know that? :joker: :joker: :joker:

I hate those hood stripes. Never knew that they were a production option.

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Say what??? :horror:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think it was great. Those were different times back then. I for one still feel good when I drive my cars and that is what I think the video was trying to say. That when you drive one of these cars you are going to really enjoy it. Maybe I am wrong but I think somehow Ford knew or realized this very early on. I think a lot of us still know it now and that is why we really like our cars even if they are antiques compared to the new stuff. Just my two cents worth.
Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts