Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this thing out, I can't believe someone used to race it, lol. the build quality is pretty scary

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Some things are best left in a field with a tree growing through it.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I lived near Saugus California a long time ago, and there was a short track, 1/3 mile IIRC, and many an old Mustang was ground into scrap on that track. In Simi Valley, somewhat near by, around 1990, I stopped at a garage sale, and the guy had a 1928 Dodge Brothers car, and I asked if I could see it. After permission, at the back, were 9 Ford 4 speeds. He said he would sell them, at $50 each. But in the back yard, he had a minor mountain of milk crates full of old Ford parts, as he had raced Mustangs for years at Saugus. When they were toast, he scrapped them out and raced another one.

Among the things in the stacks, were dual point distributors (Fomoco and Autolite) $1 each, 9" N case locking rear ends: $25, 4 speed shifters $5, and on and on. But the really good stuff was in the garage, boxes and boxes of NOS parts, mostly 427 side oiler and 427 Cammer engine parts.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I lived near Saugus California a long time ago, and there was a short track, 1/3 mile IIRC, and many an old Mustang was ground into scrap on that track. In Simi Valley, somewhat near by, around 1990, I stopped at a garage sale, and the guy had a 1928 Dodge Brothers car, and I asked if I could see it. After permission, at the back, were 9 Ford 4 speeds. He said he would sell them, at $50 each. But in the back yard, he had a minor mountain of milk crates full of old Ford parts, as he had raced Mustangs for years at Saugus. When they were toast, he scrapped them out and raced another one.

Among the things in the stacks, were dual point distributors (Fomoco and Autolite) $1 each, 9" N case locking rear ends: $25, 4 speed shifters $5, and on and on. But the really good stuff was in the garage, boxes and boxes of NOS parts, mostly 427 side oiler and 427 Cammer engine parts.
so how much did you buy?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Reminds me of the Mustang Jeff Bridges raced in "The Last American Hero" where he was sorta Junior Johnson...sorta.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm sure someone could use the stainless weatherstrip channel around the passenger window, other than that.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts