Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have traced my F.B. back to its 1974 owners and have some questions for anyone that understands exactly what this 1974 Oklahoma title is saying.
This title was issued to "John and Jane Doe" on 2/7/74
#1 On the line labled Exise Tax Reciept # it says "Name change" ...(Im thinking maybe they recently married)
#2 There is also a lien in favor of Pioneer Bank dated 2/4/74 (3 days before the titled was issued)
#3 On the line labled Purchased From it says " Same owner"
So what does all this mean?

As far as gee wizz info , it also says First Sold By Dealer: 12/17/64 (data plate date is 11/26/64)
Factory delivered price: $2677
Total delivered exice: $2900
and finally John & Jane sold the car on 1/28/78

·
Registered
238 Posts
#1-- When ever ownership transfers on a vehicle, excise tax is due and the tax receipt number was noted on the title. If there was a name change or addition and/or deletion of name but no ownership transfer, the transaction was exempt from state excise tax.
#2 Lender required that a lien be placed on title before money would be released to pay selling auto dealer. All states probably due this is somewhat the same fashion on title registrations.
#3 No ownership transfer so words "same owner" indicate this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You guessed they were recently married...I'm guessing that one of them owned the car prior to the marriage and that either he or she was added to the title. That may be why it says "purchased from same owner"...An amendment to the title, not a transfer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts