·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Interesting tail lights in the convertible 5th from bottom.! Never saw these tail lights before..!

Josep

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Interesting tail lights in the convertible 5th from bottom.! Never saw these tail lights before..!

Josep

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cool pics!! But, who from VMF is in one of the pics??? There has to be someone here???

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks for posting @jfstang Fun to look at them.

Nice to see the accent stripes. Interesting how far the GT trumpets extend past the valence on the blue GT coupe with red lines. I'm noticing the width of the white walls.

From the "JC Whitney convertible", scroll up three. What's up with the dark blue "scoop" on the light blue '66 coupe?

No one mentioned the weird Shelby-wannabe stripes on the Whitney-mobile? That ol boy really customized his pony!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I was a little surprised seeing the new 65 GT without style steel wheels, I've never seen a restored car that way.

BTW My car came with and still has the JC Witney gas door guard pictured in the top right corner of the page. I'm glad it's not the deluxe version shown below it.

Gregg

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Don't forget Sony and Cher's Mustangs!
Ahhh...Baby Blowout Yellow and Pepto Puke Pink !! George Barris' finest cremations.

Seriously, those are all cool pics though. Clearly, I was born too late.
I love how the pictures aren't "perfect", staged like so many now. The people are real, enjoying their cars with their friends and family, some have dirt...I even noticed one 65 with a damaged grille bar and pony.
There's nothing more American than a Mustang.

Reactions: indygta

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
A 1966 JC Whitney "Special". See attached.

Bob View attachment 747648 View attachment 747649
Oh man does this bring back memories!!! My first car was a 1966 Mustang I6 auto with the Pony Interior. Arcadian Blue!! I ordered headers and a dual exhaust for it from JCW and took it to a local shop to have it put on. The mechanic gave me a very strange look when I asked him to install headers and a dual exhaust on a 6 cylinder! :p:p Weird things the young do to cars...but it sounded great...and the girls loved it!! :LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
@1966Stangman I still have my first car and I drove to Johnson's Muffler Shop for dual exhaust and a pair of Thrush Cherry Bomb glass packs one block from where I worked at 16... I'm thinking about putting some glass packs back on it...

Reactions: 1966Stangman

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I was a little surprised seeing the new 65 GT without style steel wheels, I've never seen a restored car that way.

Gregg
I'm guessing, but I bet more came without SSW's than with. My GT, a 66 Hardtop, did not come with SSW's, it did come with "spinner" hub caps though. I think wheels/spinners were options.

Cool pictures!
'
Allen

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Here is my `66 Sprint 200 HT in the summer of `84 when first purchased. Sorry there's no pretty girl in photo. Missing the wire wheelcovers but I purchased repos in `89-90 when they first became available. Still parked in my garage. Dean

1 - 20 of 25 Posts