Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i didn't take my car apart, so i don't know how any of this stuff really goes together. i'm wondering, when you look through the back window of the top when it is up (ie, you're outside the car looking directly down into the car) can you see into the trunk area? or better yet, does someone have a picture at this angle? thing is, i am going to carpet my trunk so i just want to spray it with some ace hardware paint to keep it from rusting, rather than paint it with expensive car paint. i'm woried though, that when my tops up i'll be able to look right into the trunk and see the wrong color in there.
thanks for any input.

- Jason

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nope can not see through. There is a vinyl (I think it was called leatherette) top tub which screws to the back of the steel seat support with 6 screws and the stainless steel boot cover insert and to the back top holder. Can take some pics for you if you wish.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
The vinyl Doug is referring to is called a Well Liner, and it prevents you from seeing inside the trunk. It also protects the top from items in the trunk when the top is down.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Mine has a vinyl well liner and a cardboard panel between the trunk area and the well liner.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Mine also has the cardboard divider between the trunk and the well liner.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Cardboard liner was used on those with factory glass back window in order to provide a little extra protection to it. they were attached to the liner. without, it was a plastic back window.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts