Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this board for months now and have been able to find the answers to pretty much all my questions, as this site is the best source if info I've found. I just want to make sure I'm not going to run into any problems with this plan. OK, here's my situation. I have a I6 '65 coupe. I am planning a v8 swap sometime next summer. I want to upgrade the suspension and brakes this fall. If I purchase all the parts I need for a v8, am I going to have any problems installing them or driving while I wait to build my new engine? Basically, I want a v8 ready car but I need to keep my I6 through the winter. It is my daily driver so I can't afford to have it out of commission for very long. I've been researching this, but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a potential catastrophe. Any thoughts or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, jake

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,220 Posts
Coil springs will be stiff, but liveable, but one problem will be your spindles. 6s and 8s are different, so the tie rod ends won't work. If you have 8cyl spindles, no problem. If you are going to disc brakes, ala Granada or aftermarket...still no problem. You'll have a heavy duty suspensioned I6, that's all. Other more knowledgeable types will chime in an correct me if I'm wrong or have forgotten anything. OH yeah! Don't put those V8 motor mounts in yet, the six will fall through and hit the ground!/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts