Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that the late 70's & early 80's TV show "CHiPs" is back on the air...

I love seeing all the (now) classic cars in their natural environment - especially our Mustangs...
:nerd:
Because Daisy is a Southern California car (Dad bought her used in Pomona in 1983) I can't help but keep an eagle-eye out for a glimpse of a 1967 Frost Turquoise with white vinyl top and (at the time) Keystone[tm] mags...

·
Administrator
19,348 Posts
Never could abide that show. But again and again I find when watching some old show or movie I'm ignoring the actors/action in favor of the cars in the background. Saw something the other day and noted about every tenth car seemed to be a Beetle. I remember when I was a kid it was true, Beetles WERE everywhere. Dated that show to the early '70's without even thinking about it. And like in real life, I've an eye out for classic Mustangs always.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I grew up watching that show, then watched all the re--runs a few years later- absolutely loved it! Funny- alot of the 'new latest trends' seemed to pop up across all the shows at the same time. I remember the episode where Ponch and Jon went hang gliding for the 1st time- thought that was so cool!! Then that Friday night on the Dukes of Hazzard, Bo and Luke also used hang gliders in their episode! Crap- now I'm going to have to binge watch some episodes this weekend........

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
If you ever watch one Adam 12, it has many of the same vehicles. Some of the same mustangs/camaros' are shown over and over...lol

·
Administrator
19,348 Posts
What? There's a recurring Beetle in Bullit? Gonna have to watch that again and try to force myself to not count Dodge hubcaps and looks at cars instead. Won't be easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts