Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On (e)bay there is a universal 6 blade 17" fan that is described as having an aggressive pitch (high volume air flow) I think 36 degrees. It has a 2 inch projection. How does the 2" projection compare to a stock 5 or 6 blade Ford fan? Item number is 1842674446. Thanks for any info you can provide.

John Harvey

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm not familiar with the fan that you are asking about; however, I recently replaced the original 4 blade Mustang fan on the Fastback. I was using the 4 blade in conjunction with an aluminum radiator and aftermarket spacer. With this setup, the 4 blade was about 1" from the radiator. I purchased one of those 7 blade Flex-a-lite fans (from Jegs #4001818 $43) because I wanted to maintain cooler temps at extended idle situations. Using the same spacer, the 7 blade fan ended up about the same distance from the radiator as the stock fan, but took up a little more of the space betweeen it and the front of the engine. I have the aluminum accessory pulleys and actually had to remove the little aluminum cone-shaped cover on the alternator pulley so the inner edge of the fan blades would clear. This fan has proven effective in keeping the temp down at idle, even during those recent 100 deg. days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts