Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
If it's not transmission related you have me. I don't mess with trannies. Fill me in and I might be able to find what you need. I have lots of sources.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a two-year old, so I can sing the song!! Does that count?

I am only guessing, but I would say the "ball" does not belong. The rest of the check valves (if that is what they are) are not balls.

Do I get Ice-cream???

plano

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Toploader interlock thingys.... Shift forks go on the ends.

Whats wrong with this picture??? Dunno, one shaft looks beat up.

The real question is, where do I get just one of these.
Check with Mark at toploader heaven.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
it looks to me like the spring in the top photo is stretched. and i do beleive those are toplodaer 4spd parts. david kee probabaly has all the springs and anything else you'll need for it too. i'm not sure if he has a website or not but he has ads in the back of MM and M&F as well

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the shift rails and detents out of my toploader 4-speed.

They are in the same position as they go in the tranny, except the spring in the upper left. That goes in from the side of between the shift levers.

Randy (Plano) get's the prize, whatever that is ::

The ball bearing was installed by the PO as a detent for the 3/4 shift rail. The side detent only provide a positive engagement into the neutral position. But, since the ball bearing is too small, the spring worked by it and got jammed into the shift rail. That's when I got stuck in 3rd gear a few weeks back... (it sucks that I haven't had much time to work on it, but the family has to come first)...

Anyway, I need one detent and I'm also missing the interlock pin that goes in the middle (3/4) shift rail. I know I can order one of those from David Kee, but I'm waiting to hear about getting just a set of detents...

I thought you guys might be interested, and I haven't posted in a while..

This is NOT a good sign for crusing anywhere this weekend!!!

::

One Sick Toploader

Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts