Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fell like venting, because my car has gotten me down today. I'm just in one of those moods where I wish I had put a down payment on a 2002 Mustang GT instead of spending $7,800 on my 66 Mustang 4 months ago. I should have bought one unrestored because this is turning into a restomod, and I'm going to replace most everything anyway.

1) When coming to a rolling stop after making a turn, driving about 10 yards at around 15-20mph, my transmission made 3 clunking sounds today. Its been happening on and off lately. Don't know what's up with that, it shifts nice and strong. 2) My acceleration is weak at times. Sometimes it feels like when I hit the pedal I'm just throwing gas at the engine and nothing is happening. I could probably use a tune-up. 3) It's so damn hot here in AZ. Water pump broke the other day. Bought a cheap pump from Checker for a quick fix and it runs warmer than the stock original. Tightened the belt down to much and now the alternator is making a high pitched noise from a messed up bearing probably. 4) Miss alignments and stress cracks in the body. They're so ugly! The miss alignment between the door and front quarter panel is bugging the hell out of me. Car was perfectly straight when I bought it, damn bumpy roads /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. 5) Starter is on the fritz. It extracts slowly and makes to much noise. 6) Id never get what I paid for it. Even though I added an MSD Ignition, new suspension parts, and other misc. items.

/End rant.

To much stress and anguish! Can't wait till summer is over. Car will run much better I suspect. My mustang funds will have grown quite a bit by then, and I can start on some new projects.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeh, I think most of us have had those feelings. Then, you are driving down the street and 2 good looking ladies stop and stare at your car. Then, they smile real big, and one of them says" Great car..take me for a ride" Then you remember why you love the car....
EVERYONE LOVES VINTAGE MUSTANGS.....

G

·
I can beat that. Wife and I back in February decided to buy a house. We specifically told the sales people where ever we went that we must be in before the end of the school summer. Found a beautiful place, huge lot, out of the way, and quiet. Roomy and priced very well. We were told that if we had all papers signed and deposit monies in by 4/5/02, we would be in by 7/31/02 per contract barring any unforseen delays. We had everything wrapped up by 3/26/02, a week early. Then we waited. We asked in May if we were on schedule, we were told to ask after the house was under roof. In early June we had a framed up home and rough in was on its way. We asked the forman and were told we were penciled in for 8/29 settlement! NOT!!! This cost us $1,000 in extra rent alone. Three people are crammed into a 1 bedroom apartment for an aditional 30 days, UGH!! We told them we needed the date moved up a few days minimum. Ok we'll see what we can do, ask in July. July came and we asked... still on schedule... the old one. No damn effort was made to hurry things along at all. We reiterated our situation that we were now committed to be out of the apartment and there was NO turning back. Basically we got an "Oh well. when its done its done." Unacceptable. We wrote to them this week and demaned an earlier date and again reiterated our situation as we cannot get a mover for the end of August, and I called early! Yesterday we got "Oh well, when its done its done." and to top that, now they are talking early September because of a missed inspection. UGH!!! I cannot get out of this apartment if I wanted to as I cannot find a mover with an open slot, I cannot stay in the apartment its already been re-leased. I cannot move myself as I have no helpers. Even if we could it would cost us either another $1000 if we could stay, or more than that for a hotel room for however long it took for these morons to get their act together. Lets talk about being up against a wall. We are out $12,000 down deposit and see no way out. Not having a nice day here either....

G

·
Well pony mine not as bad as yours but it is along the same lines. I am buying a house and was schedualed to close on 7/31. the sellers are also buying a house and as soon as ours closes, theres closes. well I have been in constant contact (well mainly leaving lots of messages) to my loan officer, stating 'everything going as planned?' and 'anything that I can help get done to meet our date?' or 'any one you need me to call to get this taken care of?' all the while being told yes everthing is on time, as planned and ect. Well I found out today, (after calling her almost everyday this week) 'well this form isn't filled out and the money can't get transferd until today, which won't allow us to send out the next form until monday (7/29) which you will be able to overnight untill 7/30 and then we can send out the final paperwork on the 7/31 so HOPEFULLY you will be able to close on the 8/2, but possibly not until 8/5.' ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And to think I am PAYING these people and they are [email protected] it up this bad. Now I have to call the seller and tell him the bad news.

thanks for letting me vent

G

·
Pony, after re-reading your post, if you were under contract to be in on 7/31 and they didn't fullfill thier obligation then you have the ability to make them pay for most if not all of the expences you incur by not being able to move in. Now I am sure that they will say, we had this unforseen problem and this unforseen problem and thats why you couldn't move and its not our fault. but, that is VERY hard to prove. there is this thing called PRE-PAID LEGAL services that a guy at my work is working with and they are inexpensive lawyers and will make calls and write letters for you. pm me if you want info on that. but I would at a least tell the sellers you want them to pay for your incurred costs due to there delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts