Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
None that I have seen. So, you can either just install the deck lid with it, or, do some fiberglass work by sawing off the fender sections and glassing the flip-up part to the deck lid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish that someone would make a one piece spoiler that would just bolt on to a stock metal deck lid. Having to replace an entire trunk lid and end caps with fiberglass parts that always need fitting is just too much work. I do think this could be easily done if you just look at what Chevy did on the 70 Z28. Who wants to make a fortune???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Someone makes a bolt on / glue on one, maybe MTF?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes 68Ghost, I have seen those before and you still have to use their ends with it. Their end caps are all hollow inside and look flimsy to me. If they would just mold it all together in one big piece so that the ends would overlap/cover the stock end caps that would do it....:)

sandybob

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have seen guys adapt 1 gen Camaro rear spoilers. 67/69 and 69 are different widths. Check out autocross driver Richard Trujillo’s 69 mustang coupe

·
Registered
98 Posts
Jsams, thanks for the info. :) Quick search for Richard Trujillo’s 69 mustang coupe. I came up with a couple of pics. Have to admit it don't look too bad! Now if someone would make one styled just for a Mustang............it could look great. :)

sandybob

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I believe that 69 has the camaro spoiler on backwards too....

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,455 Posts
I'm kind of digging his "Ain't got time to be flarin' no dang fenders" look though.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Hey MTF, this shouldn’t be too hard to make......
Someone used to make a taller than stock 69 camaro spoiler but I can’t find it now...
BTW if you compare Trujillos rear spoiler to a 69 camaro, they cut a bit off the bottom of the original camaro spoiler to make it fit the contours of the mustang

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
That's pretty tight! I would like a little more work on the ends to blend it better. Shouldn't be too hard to make one of those.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
To me the Shelby types don’t look quite right on a coupe....

·
Registered
98 Posts
One last nudge to see if someone would make one for the Mustangs...........1970 was a great year for muscle cars! Here is a couple of pics of an 1970 AAR Cuda. 340 six pac! The 1969 coupe's new rear spoiler reminded me of this......

·
Registered
98 Posts
One bit of styling I love about the 67-69 Mustangs is that concavity of the rear tail light panel. I have seen plenty of Shelby tails on them without using the Shelby tail lights. I think it looks better than with them. What I don't like about the Shelby tail is that massive flat area of the spoiler.........without that factory stripe that Ford used it's just a little too much "FLAT".....would have been better if had a touch of concavity to it too. Sorry....JMHO...........the 67 Shelby tail lights looked better than the 68.......the 68 tail lights when viewed from the side of the car bug out too much.......flame suit on... :)

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,455 Posts
It's just taste. I always thought all the Shelby taillights were pretty neat but they don't actually appeal to me as far as looks go and I have no interest in them for myself. A Shelby/CS rear spoiler setup has been on my '67's to-do list for a long time. But I have to admit, that purple Barracuda's spoiler is pretty darn sharp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts