Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So following several threads on this board, I upgraded my old alternator to a Powermaster one wire setup. I ran a connector from the Alternator to the positive side of the solenoid. I disconnected the voltage regulator plug from the side of the regulator. Went to start and have no power. Battery tests great, but no headlights and the car won’t start. Ideas?
I changed the solenoid after experiencing issues, just to eliminate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Sounds like an important wire didn’t get connected back up or got connected to the wrong spot. Double check your solenoid to make sure all the wires are connected up correctly. And make sure the battery ground wire is on and secure on both ends.

Take a pic of the solenoid area and post it up here, somebody may spot something you might be missing. Do you have a voltmeter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an important wire didn’t get connected back up or got connected to the wrong spot. Double check your solenoid to make sure all the wires are connected up correctly. And make sure the battery ground wire is on and secure on both ends.

Take a pic of the solenoid area and post it up here, somebody may spot something you might be missing. Do you have a voltmeter?
SOLVED!
Looks like I disconnected a wire I shouldn’t have. I thought it was from the old alternator, but it was the main power to the interior/ignition....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts