Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to a VMFer (Jahsboy65) for some time via email and we have sent a few things to each other along the way. In may I was in the States on Business and Mark and I decided that we should Link up. Mark and his wife Laura travelled up from Detroit to Toronto and we spent a great night out. I was great to chat about each others cars and family's and just generally shoot the breeze. My SWMBo Liz and I had such a great time. I know I will be shot down in flames if I claim the longest VMF link up but it would have to be close, Sydney Australia to Toronto to meet a VMF buddy from Detroit! Anyway I have attached a photo that we had taken to record the event. Mark is on the left I am on the right, if you can get over the fact that we both have faces like smashed crabs I think you will agree that its a small world after all!! :p

Doug http://home.iprimus.com.au/a69mach1/VMFers.jpg

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have to tell ya , I loved the smashed crab comment ! I was LAMO !
But I haven't linked up with any one yet, so ya got me beat by a long Yard !

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
Heck, I've considered it lucky to meet local VMFer's. But I've emailed and swapped stuff with John Carrier AKA Aussiemustang. Boy is it expensive shipping stuff to OZ!

·
Registered
746 Posts
How about the shortest distance, I roll over and give Ceccacci316 a kiss every morning :: We are planning a group meeting in September for the Great Lakes Chapter....more details to follow. Have a great Night, Dawn

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've gone to LA and Seattle for car shows and to meet other VMFers, but that is only about 1400 miles.

I know that Charles Turner has visited with another VMFer in England (about 3500 miles, I think), but I'll bet your trip was the longest.

Would the mugs of beer in front of you guys have had anything to do with that "smashed crab" look? ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts