Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally getting close to the time I get to drive in my very first open track event. I've been eyeing a few different events this spring, and I'm wondering who in Nor Cal might be interested in joining me.

I guess the first question should be...
Are there any Nor Cal VMF'ers who might be interested in taking their Mustang to an open track event?
Or better yet...
Who already takes their Mustang to open track events in Nor Cal?

If you're interested in hearing more and/or learning about open tracking your car, read on...

If you're not interested, there's no need to read any further.

Currently there are two different events that caught my interest. Both events look great for first timers, but experienced track drivers could get a lot from these events, too.

1st event: Green Flag Driving Association's Driving School on Saturday, Feb 9th, with an optional second day of open track time on Sunday the 10th (for an additional fee, of course).
Here's a link...
Green Flag Driving

I know that Feb 9th & 10th are coming up FAST, and I have doubts I'll be able to get things ready by then. Also, since it's a rain or shine event, I'm waiting until the last minute before I actually registar for the event. I'd prefer my first open track event NOT be in the rain. However, this event sounds like a great event for first timers like me.

Then, there is another event that I really would llke to attend.

2nd event: The Nor Cal Shelby Club Spring Sprint Driving School & Open Track sounds like a great event. Unfortunately, it's the weekend just before the Knotts show in S. Cal, which may deter many from wanting to attend this event.
Here's a link...
N.Cal SCCA Schedule

Let me know if you might be interested in joining the fun.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hhmmm... not much interest, huh?

·
Administrator
13,027 Posts
I'm almost positive that Chuck W will be involved. If I talk with him I'll make sure he checks in here.
Stan

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have high hopes of having my '67 ready for the Spring Sprint at Thunderhill in April. My '67 is going through a major cleaning/detail/upgrade on the undercarriage and am planning on having it finished sometime in March but it'll take a lot of work to do everything that I need to do. However...this is a very cool event and anyone who has any interest in doing an open track should be at this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts