Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question maybe one of you know. I talked to Opentracker about springs for my mustang, I ordered them on April 8th, they had confirmation on them April 13th. April 16th I received the u-bolts, but no springs. So last week I called, no answer, left message. I emailed, they said they had been sent and received. I tried calling again a couple times, not getting through to them. Has something happened to them? What should I do next? I don't have a tracking #, and I don't know if they were sent or if they didn't the shippers send?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
porch pirates........if I were king for a day....
Well I live in the country, never have had problems. But Why can't I get ahold of John? I have bought stuff from them about 3 mo. ago and they seemed nice.

·
Spammer Hammer
10,796 Posts
I spoke to them last week. They are extremely backlogged right now. They are shipping parts. However, they are at the mercy of some of their suppliers as well...especially during the lockdown that most of the country is still under. As has already been stated, they are 100% the nicest folks in the business. They will take care of you.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,477 Posts
I purchased all of my suspension parts from OTR. John & Shari are the greatest to deal with.

Reactions: 2+2=GT350

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You have a tracking number on the box you received? Check it and sometimes it will say 1 of 2 boxes or call UPS...Never order anything and not get a tracking number..I’m surprised John did not email you a tracking number or a bill with parts listed with the tracking number as it almost a standard thing to do..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I spoke to Shari yesterday as I am also looking for an update on a few things that I am waiting on. They are there and working, things are just taking a little longer to get shipped and delivered.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Lack of communication sucks! But agree with the others John is great. Have his entire suspension, clutch linkage, z-bar roller bearings and he even did a little z-bar modification for me.

Last time we had lunch with them they brought t-shirts for all of us.

I’m waiting on parts now from Mustang Project that are lost in the mail. Completely killing my weekend plans but there is a lot going on in the work today so I’m trying to be patient.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Things are very wonky here in Pandemicland. Shipping is extremely wonky. I understand your concern, but the people at Opentracker are good people. They won't try to scam you. I'm sure you will get it all worked out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
While I do not have a crystal ball on your order, I vouch for John and Sheri. One possible explanation is that the springs were drop shipped from the manufacturer and they are taking the slow boat to your house!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello, I have a question maybe one of you know. I talked to Opentracker about springs for my mustang, I ordered them on April 8th, they had confirmation on them April 13th. April 16th I received the u-bolts, but no springs. So last week I called, no answer, left message. I emailed, they said they had been sent and received. I tried calling again a couple times, not getting through to them. Has something happened to them? What should I do next? I don't have a tracking #, and I don't know if they were sent or if they didn't the shippers send?
Well Shari emailed me back ystrdy and looked into it. I guess I need to call Fed Ex and find out about it. That's the problem with this pandemic, they drop and don't need signatures. I was just concerned because they always were available by phone and email, and when I tried both and heard nothing, and there last email said they were delivered. I was thinking the worse. Hopefully I can find where they went. thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Sitting in the lost and found at FedEx because the shipping label got torn off ? Happens alot at work.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in the same boat but with UPS... I've been waiting on 2 shipments since the end of April and although every morning the tracker reads "out for delivery" by the late afternoon it switches to delayed. I have some friends who work for UPS and they tell me they are absolutely getting hammered right now. Basically holiday level shipments but with regular season staffing and in some places, because of the pandemic, even less of a work force. I feel you GT_Scode... last two weekends my Mustang project has been on hold because of these delayed deliveries.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Shari emailed me back ystrdy and looked into it. I guess I need to call Fed Ex and find out about it. That's the problem with this pandemic, they drop and don't need signatures. I was just concerned because they always were available by phone and email, and when I tried both and heard nothing, and there last email said they were delivered. I was thinking the worse. Hopefully I can find where they went. thanks everyone
Well Shari called me and it turns out they were gone for a few days. I ordered ft. coil springs on April 8th, received them on April 13th, 2 days later I thought what the heck, I might as well get the rear springs. I talked to John and ordered them, he sent me new u-bolts, but never ordered the springs, so when I emailed them Shari sent me the tracking number, only it was for the ft. springs not the rear, she didn't know I had ordered rears. She thought what the heck am I talking about, Fed Ex showed them delivered. So just confusion and they are on the way for this sat. I guess that's how things get mixed up and no one knows what is going on. LOL about it now.

·
Registered
69 Sportsroof
378 Posts
Glad it got sorted out. Sounds like a simple mistake.

I love my OpenTracker suspension. Car drives better than it did when I got it in 1985. Definitely generates more big smiles per mile.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts