Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a set of Opentracker Racing Products delrin adjustable strut rods for the 65-66 mustang this week and wanted to post a video showing their movement in the car as well as show them with global west arms and roiler perches.

The video is about 7 min long and a little rough as it was shot one handed with on my phone and edited on an iPad (first time doing so).

I am not sure how to show a YouTube Video embedded, so please follow: https://youtu.be/Q-2o6F1SKek

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Thanks for posting the video! Those bushings look like they will serve me well. Lots of other neat stuff in the video that I've had my eye on as well. Nice score on the NOS non commie big bearing spindles! Never even knew they existed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very cool video ,So ? what are you going to do with your old parts?
Thanks. I may list some of the old parts at some point (lower control arms, old perches, some new upper ball joints that came with my car as well as the used upper arms). The only really holding me back from doing so is time. I also have a C4 trans, shifter, etc that I will list as I am going with a new T5z from modern driveline.

Someone - perhaps even me may want to convert the old parts suspension parts to full roller and brace them up like Opentracker does.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Regarding the Opentracker control arm kits, I actually thought about that and mostly went the way I did this time due to time constraints (and I have plenty to do for this project).

I also like the extra caster with the global west upper arms (and realize I could have offset the shafts for extra caster).

On stock arms, I do like that one can move the roller perch outward to improve the motion ratio - I think Global West could take better advantage of that.

We sure do have lots of great options these days when it comes to vendors/ suspension parts.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice score on the NOS non commie big bearing spindles! Never even knew they existed.
I learned of the big spindles from this forum and was very happy to find a set of the Ford replacements. I have been looking on eBay now and then for about 6 months and decided to hit the buy it now button when I saw them listed. The set had a few watchers on eBay - hopefully nobody from the forum. Sometimes one needs to jump when the iron is hot, as there can’t be all that many sets left out there.

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
Thanks. I may list some of the old parts at some point (lower control arms, old perches, some new upper ball joints that came with my car as well as the used upper arms). The only really holding me back from doing so is time. I also have a C4 trans, shifter, etc that I will list as I am going with a new T5z from modern driveline.

Someone - perhaps even me may want to convert the old parts suspension parts to full roller and brace them up like Opentracker does.
dibs on the LCA spring perch and strut rods :smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts