Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great company! Christmas time ordered my roller spring perches. Emailed them today with a few questions about their upper and lower control arms. Nice to have a company that so quickly responds back. What a joy to deal with. I have a project now once I get my new parts I plan on the 1 inch arning drop, roller spring perches and upper and lower control arms. Quite a project for a newbie!

I have a question. I have KYB gas-adjust shocks on my 68 coupe now.
They ride is just to stiff or rigid so plan on replacing them with some decent budget minded shocks for my daily driver.

I was looking at either the KYB GR2's or the Grab A Track shocks from Mustangs Plus I can just drive down and pick up either one in my area. The GR2's are about $19 more. Anyone have a preference on which might be better?

Thanks,

Rod

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yep - talk to John at Opentracker -
He sells both and can tell you what will work best for the setup you want.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
sorry - dup
trying to do 4 things at once

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Try GR2 on just the back first. I had Gas-a-justs front and rear and they just about knocked out my fillings. Put GR2s on the back and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
What a great company! Christmas time ordered my roller spring perches. Emailed them today with a few questions about their upper and lower control arms. Nice to have a company that so quickly responds back. What a joy to deal with. I have a project now once I get my new parts I plan on the 1 inch arning drop, roller spring perches and upper and lower control arms. Quite a project for a newbie!

I have a question. I have KYB gas-adjust shocks on my 68 coupe now.
They ride is just to stiff or rigid so plan on replacing them with some decent budget minded shocks for my daily driver.

I was looking at either the KYB GR2's or the Grab A Track shocks from Mustangs Plus I can just drive down and pick up either one in my area. The GR2's are about $19 more. Anyone have a preference on which might be better?

Thanks,

Rod
Back when I had a stock suspension with Opentracker roller perches, I used a Monroe shock. It was the smoothest ride that I've had on this car (aside from the Air Ride).

I didn't challenge the car in autocross back then but it handled fine in spirited driving.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had Monroe shocks on other vehicles.
Never actually thought about putting them on my mustang.
Something for me to think about.
At this point I am thinking any shock besides these KYB Gas Adjust has to be better.

RME

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
+100

John and Sheri offer service and support that has exceeded my expectations. They are truly a pleasure to do business with!

-Rory

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes John and Shari are top notch.

After talking to John he says I would be satisfied with either the GR2's and Grab A Track. He says the Grab A Track comes with a lifetime warranty.

I'll probably drive up to MustangsPlus next weekend and pick up a set (Grab A Track).

I can't wait to see what the ride will be like once I get the Roller Spring Perches, Upper and Lower Control Arms, Arning Drop and some different shocks on!

RME

1 - 10 of 10 Posts