Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know I bought a Lincoln Mark VII as a donor car for my resto-mod project WARPIG. Yesterday I ordered a supercharger for it. I’m real curious just how that alone added to a 5.0 feels with everything else stock. To this end I’m going to first install it on the Lincoln and see how it feels. As one person pointed out that the supercharger cost 6 times as much as I paid for the car! Once it cools off in Georgia I’ll pull it all out of the Lincoln. Right now I’m planning to just girdle the engine, change cams and add AFR heads, bearings, rings, seals... I’m still debating a sportsman block, crank, pistons and rods.

I have some friends at work that is young enough to be my kids. Just for kicks were planning on doing a cheap paint job on the car with the theme “slightly stoopid”. It now seems unheard of by young people the though of using an automobile as a canvas. I grew up in the time of vans. You get an old utility van from the power company, shoot it a base color then air brush a design on it. I also remember helping a guy paint his car to take it to a demolition derby.

Slightly stoopid is named after a band. Here is a Funky .mp3 sure to be enjoyed by the young and old alike. "Slightly Stoopid" is in my optinion excellent name for a supercharged $600 with only a few months to live. What does the car have to loose. It should look pretty cool down at the junkyard when I throw it away. My new skull signature picture is the back cover of one of their CD’s and it’s also what I’m planning to paint on the hood. We’ll probably just use rattle cans. Make the car looked like it had been tagged by a bunch of skateboard punks. THe neon colors will look real nice contrasted to the black paint of the car. People already know i'm more than slightly stupid.

I’m going to try to document the project so I took the Lincoln to the track last night to get a time. It ran [email protected]. Not too bad I guess. Tuesday I’ve scheduled a baseline dyno pull. I still need to take my mustang down for the same.

http://www.alltel.net/~motorhead/lincoln2.jpg

http://www.alltel.net/~motorhead/lincoln1.jpg

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
SWMBO got me a subscription to a 5.0 mag a while back (lotsa info on 351w strokers).....

There was a guy in an article on racers whose claim to fame was having a stock LX 5.0 with only a mild supercharger...he was running 12's.

I'd suspect once you get that blown 5.0 into your stang it'd be in the same ballpark......BUT IT'LL BE A SHAME IF YOU DONT SPRING FOR A SET OF DECENT ALUMINUM WINDSOR HEADS!!!

My .02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts