Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my info below, you can see I have the deluxe interior in turquoise and white. And the time has come to step up to 3-point shoulder belts (front and rear, retractable). Problem is, only Custom Accessories has the belts in turquoise...maybe. The response was "uh, yeah...I think we can do that." Besides the bad wrap their customer support and delivery times have been getting (here on the VMF), the $500 price tag is a bit steep too.

Andover belts are much more affordable (less than half of CA, I believe), but are very limited in colors.

Here's the question: would you guys pay the extra money for turquoise belts that match the interior, or go with Andover's medium gray.

I figure the gray won't stand out against my interior as badly as the black would. And no - I can't dye them (according to a couple reliable sources). I can however, paint the buckles and retractor housings (and whatever else) in dark turquoise. That may make the whole setup look a little more in-place.

What would everyone else do? Thanks for the opinions...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a light blue interior in my car and I went with the blue seat belts from Andover. You can see them on my website. I don't think they would clash too badly with your interior.

But, given the choice between gray and black, I'd go with black. It's more of a neutral color that goes with everything. The gray, to me, would seem like the belts were just really faded and/or lost their color.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my interior - get lots of compliments on it, and it's just plain fun to sit in! But when you've got to match it for something like this, it's a real headache! Your choice of blue was pretty obvious for your car, and it looks great.

You've got a good point about black being basically a neutral color. It's just that I'm afraid it would stand out like a sore thumb.

Maybe my idea of painting the plastic and rubber parts a dark turquoise would even make black belts kinda fit it...just don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts