Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a card in the mail yesterday for a half off trial subscription to a bi-monthly magazine called Hemming's Mustang Market & Tech Guide. Is this a new magazine? Does anyone subscribe or get this mag on the newstand? Is it any good?

I've never seen it on the newstands in my area. I'm thinking about trying it, Mustangs and Fords magazine is about the only stang mag I look at. Most of the others are late model, racing stuff which I'm not intersted in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've heard it's a great magazine, however, I've never seen it. I get Mustang Monthly, which is mostly the vintage cars. I like it better than Mustangs & Fords personally.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I like it ! It has articles about bob tasca, shelby and several other who have contributed to the Ford Cause.
Many articles you won't see in the Mustang Mag's.
It's not real think maybe 12+ pages but no advertizing either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just curious, what color is your '65 coupe? That's the color I want to paint mine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You really want to know what color? It's actually Krylon Exterior Navy Blue Spray paint with no clear or wax on it. It's lasted 2 years so far.

The story is that i got into an accident with it and didn't want it to have in 10 different colors (the color of the replacement parts). So i bought 5 cans and taped off the windows and sprayed in the driveway.

I got so much flack for it, but it's held up for several years without wax or clear and looks decent. ::

BTW the magazine is more like 25-30 pages

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice! I love the low-buck approach. It's what I'm going for, but I may spring for the MAACO paint job. They painted a car I did once, and it turned out pretty decent for $329!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Months ago a guy was writing an article on brakes for that rag and he was including my stuff... It was all Baer setup. Anyone catch this article? Did it ever come out?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
IMO the price and the way it's made is realy bad. When i got mine the first two were missing staples and the next two had staples on the pages. If they made the mags better then i would still want to subscribe to it. Its filled with alot of good info.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I really enjoy it. Lots of info. Not a lot of fluff. "Read em and weep" is interesting. It show what a particular car went for 20yrs ago and compares it to recent prices based on Hemmings ads.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the magazine at the Nationals in Sturbridge. Perez and his brother were the owners of Hemmings from 1968, until just recently. He kept a portion of the company and is using the Hemmings name on the magazine. It's new and he is looking for feedback on improvements as he goes along. By not having any advertising, he doesn't have to "cater" to any special interests. I got a complete set and there is a lot of really good information there. As he gets comments, I"m sure it will get even better. Look what Hemmings turned out as! ::

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have subscribed to it since it first came out. Good tech articles and little advertising makes it a good read and a good resource to file away for future reference. I think it is only available to subscribe through Hemmings.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts