Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for a 408 stroker kit for my '69 351w, and id like to take a short poll of the VMF to see what the opinions are of the various kits out there. My local cpeed shop has recomended the kit from Coast/probe industries, but I have heard from one person here that they are not too good. Who do you think makes the best stroker kits for around $2000?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Speedomotive has one for $1395 w/ a high-nodular cast crank. I suspect they'd provide a forged crank for a few
hundred extra $$.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Definately get the Probe Industries Kit premium kit. Its $1995. I got it and the quality is amazing. Forged everything. Very nice.

G

·
0 Posts
Just sent another kit back to Probe/Coast HP. Thought you might want to know. A friend has hes heads here so we were going to do some mock-up. 8 pistons 3 different sizes. 8 rods all need re-sized. All I can say is Buyer Beware. Thought you might want to know this. He's giong to stop payment on his card & get a Scat kit. He thought about the Speedomotive but he was told it would take a couple of weeks & he's in some sort of hurry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts