Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be reupholstering my deluxe low back seats (came originally w/lowbacks) soon and got to thinking about switching to high backs, either the deluxe version upholstery or the Shelby upholstery. The car will be mostly stock.

Would you stick with the originals or step up to the highbacks, and if so, which style? Yhoughts please.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Looks like, from you sig pic, that you have the low back seats with the head rests. If so, I like them the best in the coupes and convertibles. If you have the low back seats without head rests (like my daughter's '69 came with), then I'd switch them out for either high backs, or ones with head rests.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My '69 coupe has low backs with head rests, and they are not even close to being as comfortable as the high backs in my Machs. I have a '69 and a '70 Mach, and the '70 seems to most comfortable for some reason, although I don't think there is any difference in the seats except where the seat back release is. I'd recommend picking up a set of high backs off your local Craig's List and reupholster them to match the rest of your interior.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I am going to highbacks from a 1970 Mustang for both our 65 & 69, getting rid of the low backs.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I like my '69 high backs better than the original grey cloth in my '88...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts