1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
These have been around for a while. While I have never used them, it does look like a neat idea. For that price, I think it is worth checking out.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
It seems like a GREAT idea... however, are you really "adjusting" the jets or are you adjusting the flow?

I'd love for someone else to buy and install this and provide some feedback....

;)

Dave

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,586 Posts
Interesting concept. Don't know if it works as described. Two comments: with the fuel bowls being pushed out from the carb body are there any air filter housing clearance issues? Are you aware that Holley has an optional fuel bowl which allows access to the jets without removing the fuel bowls?

·
Registered
556 Posts
very interesting indeed, i need to buy a secondary metering block kit for my 4160, which is 50 bucks, then i would need jets. Would cost about the same to buy this kit, and with access to a wideband, i could give you all some great feedback on if it works or not... anybody want to buy me one?

well... it says it works for a 4160 as well, but because most 4160's aren't dual feeds, you would need a longer transfer tube that feeds the fuel from the primary bowl to the secondary one, and i dont see one included in the kit, like they are included in secondary metering block kits for single inlet carbs... so do they have any kits for single inlet 4160's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts