Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its been a little since I have posted here, but I am now at college, 11 hours away from my Mustang :(. My question is, what is somthing aftermarkt that you would want for you car (new or old).

For my CAD design class, our project this year is to creat an aftermarket part for a car, that everyone would want. If you have any ideas please post away. The crazer the better :).

Thanks again for everyone with all the help on the car in the past. Im not sure when im going to see it again as Kettering runs a Co-op program and therefore I have no time to go home and work on it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Work with me on this one. How about a device that turns your the pronged steering wheel horn into a F1 paddle style shifter? Left shift down - right shift up and the lower still works for the horn! Kewel.......

Dave ::

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Here is a stupid idea, that would actually sell because I've seen similar products on Imports. They sell LED tips that light up right? They do, but they need a 12volt powersource..

My idea is a chrome exhaust tip with a fan in the middle that spins when the exhaust travels through it. Not only that, but it has magnets at the end of it's blades that creates a "hall effect" causing lights at the end of the tip to increase in intensity the faster the fan spins. I've seen similar lights on a dremel tool...

If you design it you can partner with me and we'll sell them to all the Autozone and Pep Boys in country and be rich b/c of ricers!

James

PS, I want 75% ::

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
How about "X-ray diagnostic glasses" Just slip on the glasses and find those troublesome electriocal problems.
the glasses would "highlight" shorts, bad connections etc.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Who ever thought that wings and floresent bulbs under the car would be desired by anyone . Theyve already got TV's. How's about:
Fiber-optic molding that flashes and lights up like your car is a disco?

Mother-in-Law seat - bolts to top of trunk?

PS - I have seen fiberoptics on the exhaust pipes of two cars this week.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
An IRS transaxle in the back and the clutch/bellhousing where they normally are.

Better yet...all wheel drive for classic mustangs.

G

·
0 Posts
How about a computerized system that talks to you. When you get in the car, you turn it on and tell it to lead you to a certain address. Maybe there has already been one invented???? ::

G

·
0 Posts
That radio bezel is a good idea except you should design one for the 71-73 mustangs. A in dash CD player would rock although the oldstyle radio I have in my stang now is a pretty good theft deturent.

Oh hey how about an antilock brake system?

·
4,128 Posts
I've seen single wings and double wings but I have yet to witness a TRIPLE wing on a ricer... no no wait skip the triple and go for a QUADRUPLE wing. :p And design it so that above 75 mph it will have enough lift to pick up the rear of the ricer. :: :p

All kidding aside how about a designing a better hone-o-drive unit, that is a part that bolts to the front of the carrier and is basically an overdrive unit. :: fd

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
A device that blows up in a car thief's face, spraying him/her with orange dye unless the proper code/key is used.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would strongly recommend a bad quality Velcro for the trunk mounted Mother-in-law seat.
:: ::
:::D That was good.

What i would suggest if your eally want to design something i woudl have to say a modern IRS or ABS for classic stangs. (particulary 65-66 stangs)

·
Registered
211 Posts
How about some of those cool spikes that extend from the hubs...like in the James Bond movie...then we would have a bunch of real 'Chevy Killers'....muhaa muhahahaaaa muhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i second the all wheel drive notion... i get ticked off when im racin around with WRX imprezas, and they can drop clutch and hook up no matter what .....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
How about a reproduction fender that actually fits...
seriously, how about some sort of grill/grill ordnament for the early cars? maybe some sort of headlight bucket to go with the grill that has a small fog lamp built into it.

or maybe some new style gauge cluster. or better yet, a mounting bracket for some late model brake calipers (think thunderbird)

just some ideas

- Jason

·
Registered
54 Posts
A CD changer in the body of a spar tire (don't know what one would do if he needed that spire).
A spray that prevents these damn little Hondas from parking next to one at a car show. Or some electic jamming device that prevents them from starting. The one at the my last show was as long as from my front seat to the front fender. What do the kinds see in those things?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts