Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had SS wheels on the fb for a few years and I was thinking of an appearance change this summer by storing the SSW’s and installing a set of wire covers.

What’s everyone think?
Sorry for the fuzzy pic.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/data/500/21520Img2918-1-med.JPG

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
I think they look great on the car, but then I've always loved wire wheel covers. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like em' had a set on my coupe, took them off...got tired of chasing $110 down the road when the came off the wheel

·
Registered
915 Posts
Good point you have there ::. I just hate seeing my money run away from me. Usually it's every Friday when the wife gets the check. :lol: Mike

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like em' had a set on my coupe, took them off...got tired of chasing $110 down the road when the came off the wheel
That is a legitimate concern of mine.

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Yeah, and that's one reason why I have Magnum 500s on my fastback and not wire wheel covers. They're great for trailered concours, not so great for driving.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hi
Just my two cents worth but it takes a very nice car and makes it rather old and sedate looking to me. Leave the SS wheels on it.
Al

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Kyle,
I really like the SS wheel from 65-67, I just think they really go with the car, and your car looks great with them. Now I have 67 SS wheels on my '68, but mine came originally with hub caps. I never liked the SS wheels from 68.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I would leave the ss wheels on the car they make it look nicer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Flexibility and a lot of other people's opinions are keys to indecision. Appears to me that this is a matter of personal preference - your personal preference. My opinion is irrelevant. Make a decision on what you want and press on. In this case you can always change it anytime you want.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flexibility and a lot of other people's opinions are keys to indecision. Appears to me that this is a matter of personal preference - your personal preference. My opinion is irrelevant. Make a decision on what you want and press on. In this case you can always change it anytime you want.
This is a very true statement and one I knew I would battle when posting my question.

I have thought about the "flying hubcap" issue and wondered how I'd feel chasing my dollars down the street, and that may be the only reason that would keep me from switching. I'm still considering it... I'll have to see how much disposable income I have before this spring.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts