Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting $21k and get to retain the coupe as a salvage - with probably 90% of the parts still useable.
It was really tough to find what the price entry point I wanted to go into with my next project.

decided to go with a "local" option (5 hour drive) for $7,500.

it needs the usual floor plans from a cowl leak - and that passenger fender doesnt look like it lines up properly. First thing im gonna is strip out all the parts and send it to get sand blasted

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Something looks wonky with the passenger side for sure. But nowhere near as wonky as the passenger side of your hardtop! Let the adventure begin!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Cool beans, and a Mach1 to boot. I wouldn't have the finish panels sand blasted unless by a very trusted blaster.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm really looking forward to following your build thread - your hardtop is/was by far the best 69HT I've ever seen.

I'm also pleased you have got a decent insurance resolution!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I’m really sorry for your loss, but happy you have a replacement project, and looking forward to seeing it come together. Awesome find of a Winter Blue Mach 1 with a White interior. I’m my opinion, it’s a beautiful combination, that’s pretty rare compared to many other colors. Are you going to keep it like that?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great to see you found a FB project. Even better is you get all the money and can now scavenge from your wreck.
Seems like a win-win

·
Dimples
3,511 Posts
Awesome find of a Winter Blue Mach 1 with a White interior. I’m my opinion, it’s a beautiful combination, that’s pretty rare compared to many other colors. Are you going to keep it like that?
Good question. I personally would have a hard time with the blue, but the white is cool.

edit: scratch that. I just looked up some pics and that color looks great with the Mach 1 treatment.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m really sorry for your loss, but happy you have a replacement project, and looking forward to seeing it come together. Awesome find of a Winter Blue Mach 1 with a White interior. I’m my opinion, it’s a beautiful combination, that’s pretty rare compared to many other colors. Are you going to keep it like that?

not likely gonna restore it with winter blue / white interior (for one, i have 90% of the interior already from my coupe and its black )

driving up tomorrow morning with my truck (5 hour drive) and putting in on a uhaul trailer i'm renting for $120.

i've put down the $2,000 deposit via ebay - but hopefully its as in good condition as the seller said on the phone.

I'm gonna snoop around as best I can - I'm gonna check the cowl for rust by pouring some water down it, and i have a feeling it might have been in a front end collision (based on parts that are missing and that fender alignment) - but I feel like it should be ok.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
not likely gonna restore it with winter blue / white interior (for one, i have 90% of the interior already from my coupe and its black )

driving up tomorrow morning with my truck (5 hour drive) and putting in on a uhaul trailer i'm renting for $120.

i've put down the $2,000 deposit via ebay - but hopefully its as in good condition as the seller said on the phone.

I'm gonna snoop around as best I can - I'm gonna check the cowl for rust by pouring some water down it, and i have a feeling it might have been in a front end collision (based on parts that are missing and that fender alignment) - but I feel like it should be ok.
Good luck brother. If you make it as good as you're hard top was, it will be a gem!!

Allen

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
To me it looks like both fenders are off, even bent down. Check close for frame damage up front.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
drove 700 miles yesterday and I brought it home. It was DEFINITELY in rougher shape than described - I dont think theres a single body panel that doesnt need work - I would have walked away probably if it wasnt such a long drive AND I had a coupe to pull body panels from.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts