Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've got the freshly-painted 351C block back in my freshly-painted engine compartment, and now I'm just doing some tweaking.

I put the distributor in on Monday night, and have been trying to organize the plug wires off of the cap so they have a clean, organized look. So far, I haven't been able to get it "just right" (hard to explain - I'll know it when I see it). Can anyone here give me some suggestion on what they did? I've seen some nice pics, so I'd welcome any input. I'd like to keep non-stock looms to a minimum if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Incorporated Sell Out
Joined
·
17,130 Posts
Well...I suppose this certainly qualifies as non stock looms ;)

But I ran several of my wires right across the top of the cap to get them to pop out lined up for running the wires 4 spaced around the front of the motor and then down the sides just above the valve covers:

http://www.dodgestang.com/images/65MUS148.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,196 Posts
Here's an idea borrowed from the late-model 5.0 guys. Looks OEM, because it is!!!

Valvecover Studs
Plug Wire Holders
Distributor Cover

Under $40 using new parts, or you can find all the parts VERY easily in a salvage yard - lots of late models use them. Produces a very clean routing around the front of the V/C's with 4 wires "stacked vertically"... Will work on any 289/302/351 (even the 351c ;))
http://www.mustanggt.org/8793eng.jpg
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top